Chefs are going to love cooking with it as well as eating it! Beefsteak type derived from the popular heirloom tomato "Amana Orange" captures the unique color and rich tomato tang flavor of the heirloom, but provides much earlier maturity. Wonderfully bright, almost neon, internal color and superior taste and texture for an early maturing orange tomato. Vigorous, 5-6' tall plants produce heavy yields of up to 2 dozen fruits averaging 9-16 oz and reach 6" in diameter. Good foliage protection from sunburn. Excellent for slicing and for soups and sauces because the intense color does not fade or discolor when cooked. Resists cracking.
Created from a controlled method of pollination in which the pollen of two different species or varieties is crossed by human intervention. Typical F1 varieties are deliberately created to breed a desired trait. Gardeners who use hybrid plant varieties usually purchase new seed every year, however, over several years the seed could eventually be used for open pollination
Indeterminates produce plants as large as you will allow them to grow. They have many widely spaced branches, numerous suckers, and produce tomatoes all season long. These are the varieties that can be manipulated in all sorts of fashion to make the plants conform to your needs.
VEGETABLE SEED AND PLANTING GUIDE
|Direct Seed (100 Ft.)||Distance Apart In Row After Thinning||Space Between Rows||Planting Depth|
* This is an estimated guide. Conditions may vary considerably due to location.
ESTIMATED DAYS TO MATURITY
APPROXIMATE SEED COUNT
- 11,500 per Oz.
- 184,000 per Lb.
DISEASE RESISTANCE OR TOLERANCE
Tobacco Mosaic Virus
- Basil repels flies and mosquitos, improves growth and flavor
- Bee Balm, chives and mint improve health and flavor
- Borage deters tomato worm, improves growth and flavor
- Dill (until mature) improves growth and flavor, but once mature, it stunts tomato growth
- Marigold deters nematodes
- Pot marigold deters tomato worm and general garden pests
- Corn and tomato are attacked by the same worm
- Mature dill retards tomato growth
- Kohlrabi stunts tomato growth
- Potatoes and tomatoes are attacked by the same blight