Short day. Exceptionally sweet, mild onion famously grown in Vidalia, GA! Sweetest, most versatile, most popular onion ever! Light-yellow, thick flesh with a flimsy papery wrapping. Excellent for slicing for sandwiches, onion rings, baking, salads and sauces. Stores well.
Created from a controlled method of pollination in which the pollen of two different species or varieties is crossed by human intervention. Typical F1 varieties are deliberately created to breed a desired trait. Gardeners who use hybrid plant varieties usually purchase new seed every year, however, over several years the seed could eventually be used for open pollination
VEGETABLE SEED AND PLANTING GUIDE
|Direct Seed (100 Ft.)||Distance Apart In Row After Thinning||Space Between Rows||Planting Depth|
* This is an estimated guide. Conditions may vary considerably due to location.
ESTIMATED DAYS TO MATURITY
APPROXIMATE SEED COUNT
- 9,000 per Oz.
- 144,000 per Lb.
- Cabbage Family
- Chamomile and summer savory improve growth and flavor
- Pigweed raises nutrients from subsoil and makes them available to the onions
- Sow thistle improves growth and health
- Onions stunt bean and pea