24-26" semi-bush vine sets sweet, crisp dark green, long straight fruit as long as you keep them picked. Mild, sweet flavor. Super dual performer: Pick small for processing as pickles; Harvest larger for fresh slicing and spears. Perfect for container gardens! Disease resistance and tolerance are especially valuable in warmer/humid climates where comparison varieties in AAS trials succumbed to late season diseases.
Created from a controlled method of pollination in which the pollen of two different species or varieties is crossed by human intervention. Typical F1 varieties are deliberately created to breed a desired trait. Gardeners who use hybrid plant varieties usually purchase new seed every year, however, over several years the seed could eventually be used for open pollination
VEGETABLE SEED AND PLANTING GUIDE
|Direct Seed (100 Ft.)||Distance Apart In Row After Thinning||Space Between Rows||Planting Depth|
* This is an estimated guide. Conditions may vary considerably due to location.
ESTIMATED DAYS TO MATURITY
APPROXIMATE SEED COUNT
- 1,000 per Oz.
- 16,000 per Lb.
Cucumber Mosaic Virus
- Cabbage Family
- Marigold deters beetles
- Nasturtium deters aphids, beetles and bugs, improves growth and flavor
- Oregano deters pests in general
- Tansy deters ants, beetles, bugs, flying insects
- Sage is generally injurious to cucumber