Old-time drought resistant favorite developed in Texas for Texas weather! Sets fruit in dry, hot climates. Large, sprawling, open vigorous vines produce high yields of thin skinned, tender, smooth, egg-shaped (ovate) fruits. They are exceptionally sweet, deep pink, 1½"L plum-shaped fruits weighing 2-4 oz. Perfect choice for salads, tomato sauces, canning and juicing. A great container tomato for hot, dry growing conditions.
Pollination occurs by insect, bird, wind, humans, or other natural mechanisms. Because there are no restrictions on the flow of pollen between individuals, open-pollinated plants are more genetically diverse. However, as long as pollen is not shared between different varieties within the same species, then the seed produced will remain true-to-type year after year.
This variety has a history of being passed down within a family or community, similar to the generational sharing of certain items like jewelry or furniture.
Indeterminates produce plants as large as you will allow them to grow. They have many widely spaced branches, numerous suckers, and produce tomatoes all season long. These are the varieties that can be manipulated in all sorts of fashion to make the plants conform to your needs.
VEGETABLE SEED AND PLANTING GUIDE
|Direct Seed (100 Ft.)||Distance Apart In Row After Thinning||Space Between Rows||Planting Depth|
* This is an estimated guide. Conditions may vary considerably due to location.
ESTIMATED DAYS TO MATURITY
APPROXIMATE SEED COUNT
- 11,500 per Oz.
- 184,000 per Lb.
- Basil repels flies and mosquitos, improves growth and flavor
- Bee Balm, chives and mint improve health and flavor
- Borage deters tomato worm, improves growth and flavor
- Dill (until mature) improves growth and flavor, but once mature, it stunts tomato growth
- Marigold deters nematodes
- Pot marigold deters tomato worm and general garden pests
- Corn and tomato are attacked by the same worm
- Mature dill retards tomato growth
- Kohlrabi stunts tomato growth
- Potatoes and tomatoes are attacked by the same blight