All around winner for versatility! Taste is less bitter but much sweeter than conventional varieties. Perfect smaller head size and shape can be grown successfully in containers, in-ground or raised beds or as an ornamental/edible border. Matures as much as 1-3 weeks earlier than other similar varieties. Once the main head is removed, the plants continue to grow smaller side heads as well. Small tight 4" light green heads are round and smooth with tightly packed leaves. Holds well in the field at harvest. Great for slaws, salads and stir fries. Perfect for Fresh Markets, Garden Centers, Home Gardens
Created from a controlled method of pollination in which the pollen of two different species or varieties is crossed by human intervention. Typical F1 varieties are deliberately created to breed a desired trait. Gardeners who use hybrid plant varieties usually purchase new seed every year, however, over several years the seed could eventually be used for open pollination
VEGETABLE SEED AND PLANTING GUIDE
|Direct Seed (100 Ft.)||Distance Apart In Row After Thinning||Space Between Rows||Planting Depth|
* This is an estimated guide. Conditions may vary considerably due to location.
ESTIMATED DAYS TO MATURITY
APPROXIMATE SEED COUNT
- 5,504 per Oz.
- 88,076 per Lb.
- Chamomile and garlic improve growth and flavor
- Catnip, hyssop, rosemary and sage deter cabbage moth
- Dill improves growth and health
- Mint deters cabbage moth and ants, improves health and flavor
- Nasturtium deters bugs, beetles, aphids
- Southernwood deters cabbage moth, improves growth and flavor
- Tansy deters cabbageworm and cutworm
- Thyme deters cabbageworm
- Kohlrabi and tomato stunt each other's growth