A dwarf plant that proves good things come in small packages! Extremely compact 2' tall vines produce excellent yields of firm red, deep oblate, 3-4 oz smooth, sweet and flavorful fruits. Widely adapted. One of America's most popular varieties for growing on patios, decks, courtyards or any limited garden space. Requires staking or cages due to the weight of the abundant tomatoes. Excellent choice for Home Gardens and Market Growers.
Created from a controlled method of pollination in which the pollen of two different species or varieties is crossed by human intervention. Typical F1 varieties are deliberately created to breed a desired trait. Gardeners who use hybrid plant varieties usually purchase new seed every year, however, over several years the seed could eventually be used for open pollination
Determinate types are relatively small and often referred to as bushy or compact. Each short branch ends in a flower cluster and the plant does most of its growing before any fruit are set. The tomatoes tend to ripen at once, usually over a short 2 to 3 week period. After most of the tomatoes are harvested the plant yellows and additional production is limited. If grown upright, the plants are seldom more than 2 - 3 feet tall.
VEGETABLE SEED AND PLANTING GUIDE
|Direct Seed (100 Ft.)||Distance Apart In Row After Thinning||Space Between Rows||Planting Depth|
* This is an estimated guide. Conditions may vary considerably due to location.
ESTIMATED DAYS TO MATURITY
APPROXIMATE SEED COUNT
- 11,500 per Oz.
- 184,000 per Lb.
DISEASE RESISTANCE OR TOLERANCE
Alternaria Stem Canker
Fusarium Wilt(Race 1)
Stemphylium(Gray Leaf Spot)
- Basil repels flies and mosquitos, improves growth and flavor
- Bee Balm, chives and mint improve health and flavor
- Borage deters tomato worm, improves growth and flavor
- Dill (until mature) improves growth and flavor, but once mature, it stunts tomato growth
- Marigold deters nematodes
- Pot marigold deters tomato worm and general garden pests
- Corn and tomato are attacked by the same worm
- Mature dill retards tomato growth
- Kohlrabi stunts tomato growth
- Potatoes and tomatoes are attacked by the same blight